Sunday, January 3, 2016

Fast Sunday

Daddy ended up getting called into work last night and got home at 2:30 this morning. I left for ward council at 6:45am - and when I got home everyone was just waking up! It was a mad dash off to Church! And it's Riley's first fast Sunday after baptism; with no pressure he decided he wanted to fast with us! He fasted all morning through Church - which was harder than usual because I brought crackers for the girls which I rarely do but no one had breakfast! Before Church Reese said she wanted to fast too. For G-Nana. So sweet! But when the crackers came out she couldn't resist. Never again - crackers are so messy. I rarely buy those too!

I took Cass to the bathroom during sacrament meeting, and on our way back in she was upset when I tried to open the chapel door for her. Let me do it! she snarled. She even told me 'Go away mom. Let me do it.' It was so loud I was sure the congregation must have heard! It got me thinking about what a beautiful year it has been for our family! 4 siblings got sealed in the Temple, and of course the crowing event for us was Riley's baptism! So many blessings. So many things to be grateful for. The covenant path is not a bunch of separate events - it is the path that leads us back to our Father in Heaven. And Riley just started with his first saving ordinance on his path back.

We made it though Church and enjoyed a long afternoon together!

No comments:

Post a Comment